Cousins Story 10

Laura was already married to John Harder when they went to Bible School.  Money was scarce and there were few luxuries but Laura always liked nice things.  One time, when I was visiting, she told me the shortage of money didn't matter much as long as she had her blue velvet dress and her talcum powder after a bath.  She knew how to make the best of it with a joke and a smile.

Later on when they lived in Swift Current, finances were still tight.  I think they had their kids by then but I'm not sure.  I was there for a visit and a meal.  With a laugh Laura said, "We're having a hamburger dish today.  On John's salary I've learned a hundred ways to serve hamburger dishes!"  it was very evident that she was not stressed over cash, that she and John loved each other dearly and that both of them took life as it came with a big dollop of humour!  And a heart full of thankfulness and love.


Laura & John's wedding with my grandparents Fred & Nettie on the left and Maril? and Jacob Harder (1130113) on the right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Ruby's Story

Cousins Story 4

Cousins Story 13